BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County negotiator the County Administrative Officer and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees' Association, represented and unrepresented bargaining units. II) Conference with legal counsel – A) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a);Trinity Perry, Del Norte Superior Court, CVPT 11-1304, Darlene Balzer-Rojas v. Kayla Brosius et. al. Del Norte Superior Court Case No. CVCV 08-2300.B) Anticipated litigation: 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(b) - two cases; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(c) - 1 case. Public Employee DISCIPLINE/DISMISSAL/RELEASE (1) Deputy District Attorney( GC 54954.5 and 54957). Pursuant to Gov’t Code 54997, conduct annual evaluation of the Director of Information Technology, Director of Child Support Services, and the Agricultural Commissioner. Discussion regarding Real Property Negotiations with the City of Crescent City regarding Sunset Circle.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance led by Supervisor McClure
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors
of any actions from closed session by
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
other brief reports or announcements relative to the
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
3. Approve the attached agreement with Cost Control Associates, Inc., for Cost Containment, Cost Avoidance, and/or Cost Recovery Services and authorize the Chair to sign the agreement as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
4. Approve and authorize the Chair of the Board of Supervisors to sign the attached Equipment and Monitoring Services Agreement with G4S Justice Services, LLC Addendum 1 as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement for Immunization Services including a Certification Form with the California Department of Public Health for the period of July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2013, not to exceed $50,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign (1) An agreement for Transitional Housing Placement Program (THPP) services; and (2) Agreement for Transitional Housing Program-Plus (THP-Plus) and transitional Housing Program-Plus-Foster Care (THP-Plus-FC) with Environmental Alternatives, Inc. (EA) for the period of February 1, 2012 to June 30, 2012 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve the proposed Third Amendment to Del Norte County Agreement No. 07-197 between the County of Del Norte and the Coastal Conservancy to extend the term of the Agreement as well as the completion date regarding the Pebble Beach Coastal Trail project, and authorize the Chairman of the Board to sign it as requested by the Deputy Director of Engineering and Roads.**
10. Approve the proposed Agreement for Construction Services between the County of Del Norte and Rocky Brown & Associates for road improvements to Quinlan Avenue and authorize the Chairman of the Board to sign it as requested by the Deputy Director of Engineering and Roads.**
13. Approve a Budget Transfer (01-07) in the amount of $75,000.00 within the Health and Human Services Budget for the Community Nutrition Expansion Pilot Project as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
15. Approve a Budget Transfer (01-09) in the amount of $32,856.00 within the Community Development Department Environmental Health Division Budget as requested by the Deputy Director of Building and Planning.**
16. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
17. 10:30 A.M. Presentation of the "Current, Expanded, and New Services for the Foster Care Population: Responding to AB12 and AB212" PowerPoint Presentation by Gary Blatnick, DHHS Director and Crystal Markytan, Social Services Branch Program Manager.**
21. Review and approve the Treasurer's 2012 Statement of Investment Policy and Adopt the Resolution of the Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte Delegating Investment Authority to the County Treasurer.**
22. Review the Appeal of Road Conditions for Building Permit M3571, and deny the request by the property owner for a deferment or modification to road improvement standards at the request of the Fort Dick Fire Department and the Assistant Engineer.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
23. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Jeremi Ruiz, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us