BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County negotiator the County Administrative Officer and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees' Association, represented and unrepresented bargaining units. II) Conference with legal counsel – A) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a);Trinity Perry, Del Norte Superior Court, CVPT 11-1304 B) Anticipated litigation: 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(b) - two cases; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(c) - 1 case. Public Employee DISCIPLINE/DISMISSAL/RELEASE (1) Deputy District Attorney( GC 54954.5 and 54957). Pursuant to Gov’t Code 54997, conduct annual evaluation of the Director of Information Technology, Building Maintenance Superintendent, Director of Child Support Services, and the Agricultural Commissioner. Discussion regarding Real Property Negotiations with the City of Crescent City regarding Sunset Circle.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag led by County Administrative Officer, Jay Sarina.
· Nomination and Election of Chair and Vice-Chair of the Board of Supervisors
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors.
of any actions from closed session by
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification; make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business placed on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
2. 10:20 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
4. Approve the contract with Richterich & Jones Construction, Inc. in the amount not to exceed One Hundred Forty-Three Thousand Seven Hundred Forty Dollars and no cents ($143,740.00) to provide services for the Battery Point Lighthouse Restoration, and authorize the chair to sign the attached contract as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement for Stage One Childcare Services with the Del Norte Child Care Council (DNCCC), for the period July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012, not to exceed $353,169.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve the First Amendment to Agreement 2011-010 with Sutter Coast Hospital to extend the term of the agreement through June 30, 2012 as part of the County's 2010/11 Hospital Preparedness Program grant as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
13. Approve the request to breach Lake Earl at the level of 8 feet mean sea level (msl) or greater, as part of the Army Corps Permit Number 27850N, Coastal Development Permit No. 1-09-047, California Fish and Game 1601 Permit, and Regional Water Quality Certification as requested by the Deputy Director of Engineering and Roads.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Davis Guest Home, Inc for augmented adult mental health residential support services for the period of January 1, 2012 through June 30, 2012 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
15. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Pasquale Romano for Certified Child Abuse and Domestic Violence Prevention Services from July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012, not to exceed $27,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Six Rivers Planned Parenthood (SRPP) for the period of July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012, for $8,305.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
17. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with BHC Heritage Oaks Hospital in Sacramento, CA for Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital Services from July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012, not to exceed $12,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
20. Approve and authorize the Chair of the Board of Supervisors to sign the Master Agreement for licensed Software, Maintenance, and Technical Services for a new case management system as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
21. Approve and authorize an agreement with Crescent City Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for Hospital Preparedness Program Grant Pass-Through Funding as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
27. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Jeremi Ruiz, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us