BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and
discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Personnel negotiations pursuant to
Government Code 54957.6 between County negotiator the County Administrative
Officer and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees'
Association, represented and unrepresented bargaining units. II) Conference with legal counsel – A) Existing
litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a), Jon Miller vs. DNC, et
al., U.S. District Court Northern District of CA, Case No. CV 11 0474.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag led by Supervisor McNamer
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors.
of any actions from closed session by
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification; make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business placed on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
2. 10:20 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
3. 10:30 A.M. Conduct a Public Hearing to provide the public an opportunity to hear and comment on the results of a study aimed at the feasibility analysis of a meat processing plant (Meat Processing Study) conducted by Resource Conservation District through a sub-recipient agreement with the County of Del Norte; and (2) accept the final product through this grant as meeting the requirements of the grant and the agreement between the County and Resource Conservation District as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
13. Approve a contract (renewal) for part-time Child Support Attorney Services and authorize the Chair to sign said contract for part-time child support attorney services at a rate of $65 per hour totaling no more than $70,000.00 for the FY 2011/2012 as requested by the Director of Child Support Services.**
14. Approve the contract with Steelhead Constructors Inc. in the amount not to exceed Eight Hundred Sixty-Six Thousand Three Hundred Eighty-Three dollars and no cents ($866,383.00) to provide construction services for the Klamath Townsite Boat Ramp reconstruction project, and authorize the Chair to sign the attached contract as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
15. Reallocate the vacant position of Supervising Child Support Specialist (salary range 43) to a Child Support Programs Coordinator position (salary range 43) and authorize the Department of the Child Support Services to fill that position as requested by the Director of Child Support Services.**
17. Approve the transfer of one vehicle from First 5 Del Norte Children and Families Commission (First Five Del Norte) to the Department of Health and Human Services as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
18. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Residential Lease Agreement with Lehman Property Management for a house located in Crescent City, CA for the period of April 1, 2011 through March 31, 2012, for an amount not to exceed $13,200.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
19. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Humboldt State University Sponsored Programs Foundation on behalf of the California Center for Rural Policy (CCRP) for Innovation Component Planning Services for the period of March 1, 2011 to June 30, 2011, not to exceed $45,650.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
20. Approve the following recommendations: 1) Keep the current Memorandum of Understanding with Del Norte County for Code Enforcement Assistance with a maximum budget of $30,000, 2) Increase the hourly rate to equal the current rate for the Code Enforcement Officer, and 3) Pay the County for all Code Enforcement work that are "based on case by case requests for assistance" and are "charged on documented hours on each case" as requested by the Director of the Solid Waste Management Authority.**
21. Approve and authorize payments of $15,000.00, starting on July 1, 2011, each to the City and the County to pay for disposal and dumpsters for the respective jurisdictions and negotiate and agreement with each party to acknowledge that these annual payments meet all of the requirements for gratis services as required by the Joint Powers Agreement that formed the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority as requested by the Director of the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority.**
23. Authorize the Chair to sign a Quit Claim Deed relinquishing any interest in the Property known as the Cooper Street Fire Station owned by Crescent Fire Protection District as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
24. Direct County staff to contact Coastal Commission staff to convey Board support for a Suggested Modification to Local Coastal Program Amendment DNC-MAJ-1-10 as requested by the City of Crescent Cit as the applicant and the Elk Valley Rancheria as a proponent of the Suggested Modification as requested by the Deputy Director of Building and Planning.**
27. Approve a Budget Transfer in the amount of $1,300.00 within the Meadow Brook Flood Control Budget for services provided by the Road Division as requested by the Deputy Director of Engineering & Roads.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
28. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Jeremi Ruiz, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us