BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
CRESCENT CITY, CA 95531
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and
discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Personnel negotiations pursuant to
Government Code 54957.6 between County negotiator the County Administrative
Officer and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees'
Association, represented and unrepresented bargaining units. II) Conference with legal counsel – A) Existing
litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a), Parnell v.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag led by Supervisor McNamer.
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors.
of any actions from closed session by
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification; make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business placed on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
2. 10:20 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
9. Approve the appointment of Delfinia Danner as a County Board of Supervisors' appointed Interim Discretionary member of the Local Planning Council for Child Care & Development (LPC) as requested by the Coordinator of the Local Planning Council for Child Care & Development.**
10. Approve and authorize the County Administrator to sign the renewal Agreement with QBE that Provides Reinsurance for Stop Loss Coverage and Life Insurance Benefits for 2010-2011 upon approval of County Counsel as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Pasquale Romano for Certified Child Abuse and Domestic Violence Prevention Services from July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011, not to exceed $28,500.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Non-Supplantation Certification and 2010-11 Agreement Form with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) for the 2010-11 CDC Public Health Emergency Preparedness Program (PHEP), State General Fund (GF) Pandemic Influenza, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP) Funding Agreement totaling $326,305.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. Approve a Resolution authorizing the County Agricultural Commissioner to sign an Agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture for Sudden Oak Death enforcement and surveillance as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
16. Authorize the Sheriff to enter into an agreement with GovPayNet to collect fees by credit card for misdemeanor offense bail, inmate commissary, and for civil office fees as requested by the Sheriff Coroner.**
17. Authorize the County Administrator to execute the attached agreement, sign the appropriate documents, and prepare and submit a "Work Program" to carry out the project as described in the project application as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
20. Approve the proposed Three-Party Agreement for the Transfer, Acceptance, and Capacity Allocation of a 12-inch Wastewater Pressure Line and Related Facilities Owned by the Crescent City Harbor District, and authorize the Chairman of the Board to sign it as requested by the Deputy Director of Engineering and Roads.**
21. Adjourn as the Board of Supervisors and convene as the CSA Board to provide a letter to the City of Crescent City allowing construction of a City-owned force main to serve an area within the Community Services Area (CSA) boundary as requested by the Director of Community Development Department.**
22. Approve the request to breach Lake Earl at the level of 8 feet mean sea level (msl) or greater, as part of the Army Corps Permit Number 27850N, Coastal Development Permit No. 1-09-047, California Fish and Game 1601 Permit, and Regional Water Quality Certification as requested by the Deputy Director of Engineering and Roads.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
26. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Jeremi Ruiz, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us