BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Continued to september 30, 2010 at 3:30 pm
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County negotiator the County Administrative Officer and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees' Association, represented and unrepresented bargaining units. II) Conference with legal counsel – A) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a), Otremba v DNC Del Norte Superior Ct., # CVUJ-10-1258, Wilson v. DNC, Cal. 1st App Dist # A127847, Hanover vs. DNC Road Dept, Del Norte Superior Ct., # CVCV 08-2300 , Danis v. DNC, U.S. Dist Ct, N Cal., # CV095924CRB, DNC v. U.S. Forest Srv, U.S. Dist Ct, N Cal., # CV10-2047JSW, Strom v. DNC, U.S. Dist Ct, N Cal., # CV08-4708MEJ, Coyle v. DNC, Del Norte Ct # CVPM07-1572, Dickson v. DNC, Del Norte Ct # CVUJ08-1485, Elsebusch v. DNC, Del Norte Ct # CVCV06-2313, JHP LLC v. Japp, Del Norte Ct # CVPT09-1438, Stewart v. DNC, Del Norte Ct # CVUJ09-1001, Whetstine v. DNC, Del Norte Ct # CVUJ-10-1199, Wigley v. DNC, Del Norte Ct # CVPI06-1401, B) Anticipated litigation: 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(b) - two cases; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(c) - 1 case. Public Employee Mental Health Specialist II DISCIPLINE/DISMISSAL/RELEASE (1) ( GC 54954.5 AND 54957). Public Employee Assistant District Attorney DISCIPLINE/DISMISSAL/RELEASE (1) ( GC 54954.5 AND 54957). Pursuant to Gov’t Code 54997, conduct annual evaluation of the Director of Health and Human Services.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag led by County Administrative Officer, Jay Sarina.
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors.
of any actions from closed session by
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification; make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business placed on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
2. 10:20 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
3. 10:35 Accept and adopt the following Proclamations: 1) A Proclamation designating October 2 through October 15, 2010 as Bi-National Health Week; and (2) A Proclamation for World Polio Day, October 24, 2010.**
4. 10:40 A.M. Continue the Public Hearing and approve the adopted 2010/2011 Fiscal year Final County and Special District budgets by Resolution as presented and the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority, and Special Aviation budgets over the course of the Budget Hearings; and (2) Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Amendment (attached) to Agreement No. 2010-059 between the County of Del Norte and the Del Norte County Employee's Association, SEIU-Local 1021 authorizing a reduction in work hours effective with the pay period ending September 30, 2010, and providing a one time appropriation of eight hours of sick time to be credited to represented and non-represented employees subject to furlough; and (3) Authorize allocation of Asset Forfeiture funds and direct staff to utilize funds to off-set public safety expense; and (4) Direct the Bar-O Boys Ranch Oversight Committee with the assistance of the Office of Administration and the Auditor/Controller's Office to monitor the financial situation of Bar-O Bo
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement for Immunization Services including a Certification Form with the California Department of Public Health for the period of July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011, not to exceed $21,250.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with BHC Sierra Vista Hospital, Inc. in Sacramento, CA for Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital Services for the period of July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve the proposed Coastal Trail location as presented and direct staff to continue completing tasks as outlined in the approved Point Saint George Work Plan as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Second Amendment to the current Agreement for Public Defender Services, extending the contract termination date from September 30, 2010 to October 31, 2010 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the attached Agreement for fence construction services for Bertsh Tract Park with Custom Construction in the amount of Sixteen Thousand Seven Hundred Forty-Five Dollars and no cents ($16,745.00) as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
13. Consider the introduction (first reading) of an Ordinance amending section 19.04.030 to Title 19 of the County Code relating to the membership of the County's Environmental Review Committee (ERC), expanding the membership of the ERC to include a representative of the Del Norte Association of Realtors, and set the Ordinance on the October 12, 2010 Board of Supervisors' agenda for a second reading for consideration of adoption of the Ordinance as requested by the Director of Community Development.**
14. Approve an amendment to the Del Norte Ambulance Franchise Agreement 2007-223, thereby approving the request for amended rates as outlined in attachment "A" as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
16. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
MEETING CONTINUED TO SEPTEMBER 30, 2010 AT 3:30 PM
Jeremi Ruiz, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us