BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
CRESCENT CITY, CA 95531
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and
discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Personnel negotiations pursuant to
Government Code 54957.6 between County negotiator the County Administrative
Officer and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees'
Association, represented and unrepresented bargaining units. II) Conference with legal counsel – A) Existing
litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a), Pacific Shores CA
Subdivision Water District v DNC, DN
Superior Court, Case No. CVPT;
John Gimbel v. County of Del Norte, US District Court, Northern California
Division., Case No. C070113; Joseph Rimac v. Del Norte County, US District
Court, Northern California Division, SC
C 07-0298; David L. Elsebusch v. Del Norte, DN Superior Court, Case No.
CVCV06-2313; Dawn Heckel v District
Attorney, DN Superior Court, Case No. CVPI 07-1176;
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag led by Supervisor Finigan
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors.
of any actions from closed session by
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. 10:10 A.M. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification; make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business placed on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
2. 10:30 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
3. 10:35 A.M. Approve and adopt a Resolution of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors Observing Soroptimist International of Crescent City Stop Trafficking Awareness Campaign in the Month of January 2009 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
4. 10:45 A.M.Waive full reading, read by title only and introduce an Ordinance of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors amending Chapter 3.16 of the Del Norte County Code relating to an Ordinance authorizing reassessment of property damaged or destroyed by misfortune or calamity in accordance within Revenue and Taxation Code Sec 170 as requested by the Assessor.**
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
7. Approve and authorize the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) funds to provide required services for Transition Age Youth from January 1, 2009 through June 30, 2009, not to exceed $33,825 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve a meal expenditure for participants in the CHEMPACK Emergency Preparedness Exercise to be held on January 15, 2009, not to exceed $1,500.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to Memorandum of Understanding between the Boys & Girls Club of the Redwoods and the County of Del Norte as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
11. Approve an annual salary step increase within the corresponding salary range for Kenneth Smith, Agricultural Commissioner, effective November 26, 2008 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
16. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
17. Authorize the Chair to sign the attached letter regarding AB 885 Proposed Regulations and Draft Environmental Report and direct the Clerk of the Board to mail the letter and its attachments with proof of delivery to the Water Resources Control Board as requested by the Director of Community Development.**
Jeremi Ruiz, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us