BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
981 H STREET, ROOM 100
CRESCENT CITY, CA 95531
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and
discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Personnel negotiations pursuant to
Government Code 54957.6 between County negotiator the County Administrative
Officer and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees'
Association, represented and unrepresented bargaining units. II) Conference with legal counsel – A) Existing
litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a), Pacific Shores CA
Subdivision Water District v DNC, DN
Superior Court, Case No. CVPT;
John Gimbel v. County of Del Norte, US District Court, Northern California
Division., Case No. C070113; Joseph Rimac v. Del Norte County, US District
Court, Northern California Division, SC
C 07-0298; David L. Elsebusch v. Del Norte, DN Superior Court, Case No.
CVCV06-2313; Dawn Heckel v District
Attorney, DN Superior Court, Case No. CVPI 07-1176;
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· This Board of Supervisors meeting is dedicated to some of our Community Partners
· The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag led by Jeannine Galatioto
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors.
· Report of any actions from closed session by County Counsel.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. 10:10 A.M. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification; make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business placed on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
2. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Amendment #1 to Agreement EW-2008-06 with the University of California, Davis (UC Davis) for training from July 1, 2008 thur June 30, 2009 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Amendment #1 to Agreement CW-2008-06 with the University of California, Davis (UC Davis) for training from July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2009 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the contract amendment with Leroy Davies, Darren McElfresh, Jon Alexander and William Cater, Attorneys at Law, for Public Defender services, revising paragraph six to the original agreement effective with the commencement date of the original contract as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Non-Supplantation Certification and Comprehensive Agreement form with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) for the 2008-09 Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Public Health Emergency Preparedness, State General Fund (GF), pandemic Influenza and Health and Human Services Hospital Preparedness Program Funding Agreement totaling $344,363. as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. Approve a Resolution Exempting from Property Tax all Real Property and Personal Property of one thousand ($1,000.00) or less full or base year value (cancellation of a tax bill less than $10.00) and Supplemental Assessments of two thousand ($2,000.00) or less full value (cancellation of a tax bill less than $20.00) as requested by the County Assessor.**
15. Adopt a Resolution Establishing Benefits for Unrepresented Management Classifications Assistant/Deputy Department Heads and Adopt a Resolution Establishing Benefits for Unrepresented Confidential Classifications as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
17. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the letter to Kathleen Schaefer at the FEMA office of the Department of Homeland Security regarding the status of the Provisionally Accredited Levee (PAL) at Klamath Glen and direct the Clerk of the Board to send the package proof of delivery.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
21. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Jeremi Ruiz, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us