BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
981 H STREET, ROOM 100
CRESCENT CITY, CA 95531
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County negotiators Kathryn Reese and the County Administrative Officer and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees' Association, represented and unrepresented bargaining units, II) Conference with legal counsel - anticipated litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(b); significant exposure to litigation one case;) III) Conference with legal counsel - existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a) one case, County of Del Norte vs Whiterock Resort, Case No 00-1280; IV) Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (c) of Section 54956.9, 1 case. Pursuant to Government Code 54997, conduct the annual evaluation of the Building Maintenance Superintendent.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag led by Supervisor [Add Name].
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors
· Report of any actions from closed session by County Counsel.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matt
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
3. Approve and adopt a resolution entitled RESOLUTION OF THE DEL NORTE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS HONORING ROBERT R. TREANOR ON THE OCCASION OF HIS RETIREMENT FROM THE CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION.**
4. Approve and authorize the Chair of the Board to sign the contract for individual LCSW/MFT Supervision for License Services performed by Eli M. Kimbauer, Psy D. as requested by the Director of Mental Health.**
5. Approve the FY 2005-06 Agreement for Software Services between Kings View Corporation and Del Norte County and authorize Michael F. Miller, Director of the Mental Health Department to sign the contract and any associated or required documents as they relate to this contract as requested by the Director of Mental Health.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Standard Agreement Amendment #04-35345A02 and accompanying Memorandum of Understanding between the County of Del Norte and the State of California for the provision of HIV Prevention, HIV/AIDS Surveillance and HIV Counseling and Testing for the period of July 1, 2004 through June 20, 2007 as requested by the Director of Health and Social Services.**
7. Approve and adopt a resolution entitled RESOLUTION APPROVING THE APPOINTMENT OF THE DIRECTOR OF THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES TO THE DEL NORTE CHILDREN'S HEALTH INITIATIVE COALITION as requested by the Director of Health and Social Services.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a letter designating the Director of Health and Social Services to approve recommendations for the Children's Oral Surgery Program Fund as requested by the Director o Health and Social Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Funding Grant Agreement form and Certification Regarding Lobbying form as required by the Center of Disease Control and Prevention Public Health Emergency Preparedness Program as requested by the Director of Health and Social Services.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the agreement with FD Thomas Coating & Specialty Contractor for repainting of the fire suppression water tank at McNamara Field as requested by the Administrative Assistant of Community Development Department.**
14. 10:05 A..M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
18. Waive full reading, read by title only and introduce an ordinance entitled AN ORDINANCE OF THE DEL NORTE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS AMENDING ORDINANCE NO., 2005-03, THE MASTER FEE ORDINANCE FOR THE COUNTY OF DEL NORTE as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner. **
20. Review case file and evidence of violations at 2260 Holben Road to determine whether or not a public nuisance exists. If the Board finds that the conditions at the property constitute a public nuisance, order an abatement of said nuisance as described in the Notice of Nuisance and Order to Abate issued on November 15, 2005 as requested by the Code Enforcement Officer.**
21. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification, make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
22. Approve the following budget transfers:. 12-05 in the amount of $4,070 from within the budget of Administration; 12-06 in the amount of $1,200 from within the budget of the District Attorney's Office; 12-07 in the amount of $8,400 from within the budget of Child Support Services.
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
23. Consider miscellaneous legislative matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign the appropriate letters and/or positions with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.