BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
981 H STREET, ROOM 100
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and
discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Personnel negotiations pursuant to
Government Code 54957.6 between County negotiator the County Administrative
Officer and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees'
Association, represented and unrepresented bargaining units. II) Conference
with legal counsel - anticipated litigation pursuant to Government Code
54956.9(b); significant exposure to litigation, two cases; III) Conference with legal counsel -
existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a) 13 cases, Pacific
Shores CA Subdivision Water District v Del Norte County, Case No. CVPT; Wendy Ormsby v Del Norte County, Case
Frank Villarreal v John Gimbel, Case No. CVHS; John Gimbel v.
CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY
NEGOTIATORS (Government Code 54956.8)
Property: Lease to fueling facilities at McNamara Field.
Agency negotiator: Jim Bernard
Negotiating parties: Dan Braitain and the
Under negotiation: Price and terms of payment
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· This Board of Supervisors meeting is dedicated to some of our partners: Girl Scouts.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag led by Laura Trujillo, Troop Leader.
· And How Are The Children?
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors.
of any actions from closed session by
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. 10:05 A.M. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification; make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business placed on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
2. 10:30 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
5. Approve and Adopt the Proclamation in support of Child Support Awareness month in August 2007 "Be Important in the Life of a Child" and Authorize the Department to hang a banner on the outside of the Child Support Offices as requested by the Interim Director of Child Support Services.**
7. Approve the Appointment of Fran Visser, Assistant Director of Child Support Services as the Interim Director of Child Support Services effective July 24, 2007 and place her on the corresponding salary range and step for the Director position as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
8. Approve and Authorize the Chair the Contract with Stover Engineering to provide engineering services for the Point Saint George Parking Lot Renovation Project as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
12. Approve and adopt A Resolution Adopting the Updated Phase I of the North Coast Integrated Regional Water Management Plan (IRWM Plan), July 2007; Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Regional Submission of an Application to Obtain an Integrated Regional Water Management Implementation Grant on Behalf of Integrated Coastal Watershed Management Planning Efforts Throughout the North Coast Region pursuant to the Water Security, Clean Drinking Water, Coastal and Beach Protection Act of 2002 (Water Code Section 79560 et seq.); Authorizing the County of Humboldt to Administer and Execute the Grant Agreement on behalf of the North Coast Regional Water Management Group; and Authorizing the Agency's General Manager/Chief Engineer to Negotiate a Subsequent Agreement for Administration of the Grant, as necessary as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
15. Approve and Authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Davis Guest Home Inc. for augmented adult mental health residential support services as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. Approve and Authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Mr. Albert Raddi for Administrative Support Services for Child, Adult and Family Services Programs as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
17. Approve and Authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Criminal Justice Research Foundation (CJRF) to complete the Human Services Facility Master Planning as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
20. Award the Runway Sealing and Marking Construction bid to Valley Slurry Seal Company, for $631,503.63 and Authorize the Airport Manager to execute change orders for this project not to exceed 10% of the aggregate amount as requested by the Airport Manager.**
21. Approve the updated plans and specs as completed by County Engineer for a 2" overlay and remark, with options for a 1" overlay and remark, or a slurry-seal and remark, Runway Rehabilitation Project at Ward Field as requested by the Airport Manager.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
28. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and appropriate letters and/or positions with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
IN HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY
30. Acting as the IHSS Public Authority, Approve and Adopt a Resolution of Del Norte County In Home Supportive Services Public Authority Terminating the California Public Entity Insurance Authority Joint Powers Agreement as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
Sherri Adams, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us