BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
981 H STREET, ROOM 100
CRESCENT CITY, CA 95531
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Closed Session Agenda only.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County negotiator the County Administrative Officer and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees' Association, represented and unrepresented bargaining units. Report on Personnel Hearing decision. Pursuant to Government Code 54997, conduct the annual evaluation of the Agricultural Commissioner; II) Conference with legal counsel - anticipated litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(b); significant exposure to litigation, one case; III) Conference with legal counsel - existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a) 5 cases, Pacific Shores CA Subdivision Water District v Del Norte County, Case No. CVPT 06-1454; Gimbel v Court of CA; County of Del Norte et al., Case No. CV-07488-NJV; Gimbel v State of CA; Del Norte County Sheriff’s Department; et al., Case No CV-07133-MJJ; Gimbel v Villarreal Appeal, A115201; and Joseph Rimac v Randy Duncan et al, Case No. SC C 07-0298; IV) Initiation of litigation pursuant to subdivision (c) of Section 54956.9, 3 cases.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· This Board of Supervisors meeting is dedicated to some of our partners: The Del Norte Children's Health Initiative Coalition.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag led by Charlaine Mazzei.
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors.
· Report of any actions from closed session by County Counsel.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
3. Adopt salary Range A-3 and amend the existing staffing chart to reflect the change for the position of Director of Health & Human Services, a 15% increase from the position of Director of Health & Social Services. The adoption of the new salary range will have a corresponding effect on the salary of the Assistant Director, establishing the position at Range 67 on the DNCEA salary schedule as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
5. Approve and Adopt a Resolution of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors Amending Appendix A, Designated Positions, of the Amended Conflict of Interest Code for Del Norte County, adopted January 22, 2002 as requested by County Counsel.**
6. Approve and Adopt a Resolution of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors Extending the Joint Powers Agreement and Service Authority Plan for an Additional Ten Years and is required to continue to collect the $1.00 per vehicle registration fee that funds the Abandoned Vehicle Abatement Authority as requested by the Director of the Del Norte County Solid Waste Management Authority.**
8. Authorize the Chair to sign the revised environmental restriction document for the EPA site at the Del Norte County Airport and Direct the Clerk of the Board to execute three originals of the Land Use Covenant to the Department of Toxic Substances Control for their execution as requested by the Director of Community Development.**
9. Approve and Authorize the Chair to sign the time extension for the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Trinity County for engineering and design services associated with Griffin Creek/Oregon Mountain Road Sediment Reduction Project as requested by the County Engineer.**
10. Approve and Adopt a Resolution Proclaiming the Week of March 1-7, 2007 as Weights and Measures Week and Recognizing the Contributions of Weights and Measures as requested by Agricultural Commissioner.**
11. 10:10 A.M. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification; make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business placed on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
12. 10:15 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
15. Direct staff to conduct Engineering and Traffic Studies (ETS) on Washington Boulevard between Northcrest Drive and the Point Saint George parking lot and Northcrest Drive between Harding Avenue and Blackwell Lane as requested by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) and the County Engineer.**
16. Approve and Adopt a Resolution of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors Issuing this Coordination Plan for the Purpose of Requiring the Federal and State Agencies to Coordinate with Del Norte County their Plans and Management Action which Affect and Impact the Economy and Environment of Del Norte County, Approve the formation of a Land Use Management Committee and appoint a Board of Supervisors Member to the committee as requested by Supervisor Hemmingsen.**
18. Approve a Budget Transfer (02-03) within the FEMA/OES and Capital Projects budgets to provide damage repairs to McBeth Field in Klamath resulting from the 2005/06 storm as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
21. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign the appropriate letters and/or positions with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
22. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the attached letter to Senator Barbara Boxer requesting sponsorship of legislation for support of HR 237, an amendment to title 49, United States Code, to exempt airports in economically depressed communities from matching grant obligations under the airport improvement program as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
23. Receive and file the mid-year budget update as submitted; Receive updates on goals/outcomes for the current fiscal year from departments and provide comment as necessary; and Approve the budget parameters for fiscal year 2007-2008 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Sherri Adams, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us